All Primary Health Care Providers delivering individual and group-based virtual care services.
Virtual Care Options are available for Primary Health Care providers and teams during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. For resources and supports to adopt and optimize virtual care in your practice, check-out Nova Scotia Health’s Zoom for Healthcare page and the Virtual Care Implementation Guide. Additional resources are provided below.
Two experience sharing sessions were held in spring 2020 for providers, teams and PHC leaders to share virtual care implementation experiences, discuss lessons learned, and share promising practices. Learn more about the virtual care experiences of PHC Chronic Disease Management and Wellness Teams and Collaborative Family Practice Teams by reviewing the summary reports from these sessions.
In addition, check out these story highlights of PHC providers and teams providing virtual primary health care to their patients:
- Diabetes educators teaching about insulin with patients 'on the go'
- Nurse Practitioner in Caledonia embraces virtual care for patients
- Health care providers and patients adopt technology during pandemic
Virtual Care Knowledge Exchange Webinar Series (January - March, 2021):
Through knowledge and experience sharing, our webinar series aimed to increase readiness of providers and teams to transition to or use virtual care technologies in their practice, support practice change / improvement, increase awareness of key resources for support, and create connections between providers.
Webinar 1 | Making the Leap to Virtual Care: Moving Beyond the Telephone
- Susan Savage, NP
- Sue and Jordie Brenko
- Dr. David LaPierre
DocumentMaking the Leap to Virtual Care.pdf (1.96 MB)
Webinar 2a | Getting Started with Virtual Care (Session for Chronic Disease Management/Wellness Providers/Teams)
- Guest Presenter: Katie Heckman, IM/IT Virtual Care
- Jennifer Manual, PT, Wellness Facilitator
- Janice Knapp RN CDE
- Kelly MacIsaac, PHC Coordinator
DocumentGetting Started with Virtual Care 2a.pdf (1.99 MB)
Webinar 2b | Getting Started with Virtual Care (Session for Primary Care Providers/Teams)
- Guest Presenters: Stewart Gray and Brent Andrews, Doctors Nova Scotia
- Dr. Leisha Hawker
- Dr. Ajantha Jayabarathan
- Dr. Maria Alexiadis
- Presentation (PDF) and Recording
Webinar 3 | Beyond the Basics: Enhancing Virtual Care
- Dr. Tara Kiran
- Dr. Laura Sadler
- Matt Holland, Manager, Primary Health Care
- Presentation (PDF) and Recording (Unfortunately WebEx failed to record the slides being presented during Webinar 3; please refer to Presentation slides when viewing to the recording. Our apologies for the inconvenience.)
The following is a curated collection of virtual care resources to support you and your patients get the most of virtual care.