The Physical Activity Counselling Practice Support Program (PAC PSP) supports primary health care providers and teams to build the knowledge, skills and confidence in physical activity counselling to support patients in engaging with physical activity.
The program is designed for all primary health care providers working in team-based family practice, chronic disease management and wellness settings who are interested in building their capacity to support individuals to engage in physical activity.
Being physically active is an important factor in staying well, feeling well, preventing and managing chronic conditions. Although the benefits of physical activity are well known, many Nova Scotians are not doing enough physical activity.
The Physical Activity Counselling Practice Support Program (PAC PSP) provides information on:
- Assessing an individual’s current level of physical activity
- Offering patient-centred interventions to increase physical activity
- Using a behavior change approach in the conversations
This practice support program includes a suite of resources, tools and supports adapted to meet the unique needs of all primary health care providers in Nova Scotia.
Physical Activity Counselling Self Directed Learning Modules
We encourage you to log into the LMS system and review the two courses:
- Go to https://elearning.nshealth.ca/ login using your NSH network login
- Click on the Catalogue tab and enter course code (1174 or 1175) in the keywords field to get latest version
- Course Name: PHC (Primary Health Care) - Physical Activity Counselling Foundations Part 1 (Course Code: 1174)
- Course Name: PHC (Primary Health Care) - Physical Activity Counselling Foundations Part 2 (Course Code: 1175)
- The course will display on the page. Add it to learning and complete.
- Each of these modules are a 1-credit-per-hour self-learning program that has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Nova Scotia Chapter for up to 1 credit each.